Terms & Conditions
1) BOOKINGS - Bookings can be made by phone or email, . Full payment will be required at the time of booking, dates will not be held until payment has been received.
At certain times of the year (summer holidays, Christmas and Easter) demand is particularly high, so to avoid disappointment, we advise you to give us as much notice of your preferred dates as possible, but it is always worth trying for last minute sessions.
Gift vouchers can be purchased via the website , these are valid for 12 months from the date of issue ,and allow the recipient to make their own arrangements with us
2) CANCELLATIONS - Cancellations must be made at least 4 days prior to the date arranged . The deposit or voucher will be non-refundable where clients fail to give adequate notice of cancellation.
3) WEATHER - In the event of unworkable weather conditions ( eg: too windy, too wet, too hot) DARTMOOR HAWKING will endeavour to give clients as much notice as possible of cancellation. In the event of cancellation by DARTMOOR HAWKING due to poor weather conditions alternative dates shall be offered.
Our wind guidelines are forecasts of 20mph for experiences,15mph for falconry from horses
4) SPECTATORS - DARTMOOR HAWKING specialises in giving personal tuition and presentations to clients. It is not open to the public, so have a limit of two spectator per participants, for an additional fee, for our falconry experience or days. We do not allow spectators/guests on hunting days.
5) AGE Limits- we have a minimum age limit of 14 for the falconry experience, falconry day, and hunting day, and all under 16's must have an adult accompanying them no age limit on the family introduction.Falconry from horses has a minimum age of 16
6) HEALTH AND SAFETY - DARTMOOR HAWKING endeavours to ensure the utmost safety of everyone and to cater for clients with all levels of physical ability. DARTMOOR HAWKING requests that clients also take a responsible and safety conscious approach by:-
a) ensuring clothing and footwear advice is adhered to.
b) listen carefully to safety instructions given by the instructing falconer.
c) inform the instructing falconer of any worries or concerns regarding the experience.
d) should clients have any concerns regarding physical ability or health please contact DARTMOOR HAWKING and discuss these issues prior to attending the session.
e) always wash hands following a bird handling session.
7) CONDITIONS - Please be aware that whilst we endeavour to ensure that birds, dogs and ferrets are in top condition for sessions we cannot guarantee the quality of flights or the whereabouts of quarry.
DARTMOOR HAWKING reserves the right to terminate a session for an individual or group at anytime at their discretion.
8) PHOTOGRAPHY - We hope clients mark their special day by taking lots of photographs. These photographs should be used for personal use only and no photographs of the birds are to be used commercially without our prior consent.
NOTE: PHOTOGRAPHY IN THE BARNS (BIRD HOUSING) IS FORBIDDEN AT ALL TIMES.
9) Our vouchers make a fantastic present and are valid for 12 months from the month of purchase,Vouchers are none refundable, but if someone has not been able to use a voucher before expiry due to weather or health reasons we will extend the voucher until they are able to do it, provided a booking had been made within the voucher timespan